Monday, January 3, 2011

Being HOH sucks

In case you didn't know HOH stands for hard of hearing. The worst part of it is how much in life you miss out on. From movies, to music, to simple everyday sounds it makes you feel left out of life.
I love how people think that your just ignoring them or you have selective hearing. It's far from the truth. You hear what you can and in some cases it may be funny, but frustrating.
Let's take youtube and it's closed captioning. The other day I went to watch a video and had to turn on Spansh CC to watch in English CC. WTF???!!! It's bad enough when one of the chanels I watch gets screwed up so much and I have to watch it twice.
By the way in case most people think they are funny, just because I'm HOH doesn't mean you have to say something and be a smartass by saying something else if I ask you to repeat yourself. Yeah I know a few people who do this but I understand because they live with me and get frustrated, but that doesn't give everyone in the world to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment